Lesson 5: 29 Random Strategies to Add Spontaneity to Your Life
Consider the Follow Strategies
- Make a meal together
- Throw down a blanket and have a picnic in your living room
- Go to a park and take a walk
- Feed the ducks or geese
- Go to a fancy restaurant and just order dessert
- Have a cookout in the middle of winter
- Organize a progressive dinner with family or friends (appetizers at one house, salad at another)
- Take a random drive
- Buy cards and send one a week for a month to someone you care about
- Tuck your children in bed and draw letters on their back
- Get up extra early one day and bake cinnamon rolls for a regular school day
- Go visit someone who does not deserve your time
- Get flowers for your daughters just because you love them
- Create a fun music playlist for a long drive or a vacation
- Have a dinner and game night
- Give a random stranger (an adult) a high five
- Offer to take someone’s groceries out to their car
- Bake cookies for your neighbors for no special reason
- Pick your kids up from school and take them out to ice cream
- Write a positive message in the sand with your toes
- Bring a treat for your coworkers, even if you do not like them
- Play James Brown’s, I Feel Good, first thing in the morning
- Take a cooking class with someone
- Fly a kite
- Try a completely different beverage
- Write an affirming note or love note for someone
- Watch a hilarious movie
- Give your children a few dollars to spend at a supermarket
- Block out a night just to stay home and be together
Check Out This Related Blog: 3 Splendid Suggestions to Add Humor
Get smart! Be spontaneous! Have some fun!
- Which of the strategies are you going to try?
- What strategies of your own do you have?
- Share your strategies with others! Including us!
- Send us an email.